Water Saving Tips
The average water demand for a typical home in the Yucaipa Valley uses about 40% of the water indoors and about 60% of the water outdoors. Homeowners can significantly reduce the volume of water used indoors by following these easy tips:
- Use low-flow faucets, shower heads, reduced-flow toilet flushing equipment, and water saving appliances such as dish and clothes washers.
- Repair leaking faucets, toilets, and pumps.
- Use dishwashers and clothes washers only when fully loaded.
- Take short showers instead of baths and avoid letting faucets run unnecessarily.
- Wash your car only when necessary; use a bucket to save water. Alternatively, go to a commercial carwash that uses water efficiently and disposes of runoff properly.
Consider how you use water indoors to best use our water resources efficiently.
For over 100 conservation tips and fun water conservation activities for kids, click on the links below: