We offer several rebates to our customers-- please read the program rules below and fill out the form at the bottom of this page to apply for a rebate. It is recommended that you receive approval prior to item purchase to ensure the guidelines are met. Contact Madeline Blua at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 790-3311 for more information.1. All participants must be a Yucaipa Valley Water District's (YVWD) customer (water and sewer) and legal owner of residential property.
2. Customers must provide YVWD with the itemized dated sales purchase receipt(s) for any products included in this program. All products must be purchased new.
3. Customer is responsible for installing the water conservation device.
5. Rebates will not exceed the purchase amount of the device and does not include the cost of taxes, shipping, or installation.
6. Rebates will be processed on a first-come-first serve basis until funds for the fiscal year are exhausted.
7. Rebates are subject to pre-installation and post-installation inspections to ensure the implementation and use of the rebate products. More information may be requested after application submittal.
8. All rebates will be credited to the YVWD customer water account after validation of purchase and installation of the approved product.
9. Yucaipa Valley Water District is not responsible for equipment malfunctions. Please contact the manufacturer for product questions and concerns.
10. By submitting a rebate application, you agree to the terms and conditions of the Yucaipa Valley Water District Water Use Efficiency Rebate Program. One time only participation per customer.
11. The rebate application must be submitted no later than 90 days after purchase of device.
Weather-based Irrigation Controllers - $50 Rebate
- Customers must have an existing automated irrigation system with an operable irrigation controller
- One weather-based irrigation controller per service address.
- Property must have existing gutters throughout the entire perimeter of the roof for adequate water collection and also existing downspouts. In the case of a partially flat roof, gutters, and downspouts must be throughout all pitched areas in order to qualify.
- Minimum size: 30 gallons, Maximum size: 199 gallons
- Rain barrel must be designed for the intended purpose of rain capture
- Must have a cover to prevent mosquitos, rodents and debris from entering barrel
- The rain barrel must be mounted in a way that allows the barrel to receive all water unimpeded from a down spout.
- Should not block or restrict access to walkways or pathways
- Rain barrel must be used for rain capture only and not be connected to a gray water system and/or the pressurized irrigation system. Rain water collected must be distributed through a hose or bucket
- Must have an overflow spigot with mosquito netting or other prevention
- Should be elevated 6 inches off the ground on a solid foundation.
- Should be strapped to your home for safety if the height of the barrel is two times greater than the width.
- Maximum of two rain barrel rebates allowed per service address.
- Rain barrel must be purchased as an entire rain barrel. Homemade rain barrels do not qualify for rebates.
Recirculating Pump - $100 Rebate
- The system must be self-activated (i.e. activated by a button, timer, switch, or wireless remote).
- The maximum number of hot water recirculation pump rebates is one per property.
- Installation of any rebated device, appliance or fixture is the sole responsibility of the applicant, as is determination of the adequacy and compatibility of the existing plumbing system.
- The recirculating pump can be installed by the homeowner or by a licensed plumber. Installation cost not covered as part of the rebate.
- One recirculating pump per service address.
Rotating Sprinkler Nozzles – Up to $45 Rebate (Up to 15 Nozzles, $3 each)
- Any rotating sprinkler nozzle is applicable, please contact YVWD staff to confirm prior to purchase.
- The rotating sprinkler nozzles must be used to replace older, less efficient types of sprinkler nozzles.
- The rebates will only apply to established landscapes, not for new landscapes.
- Must include photos of the new sprinkler nozzles installed.
- Your irrigation schedule will have to be adjusted after installation because rotating nozzles apply water at a slower, more even rate than other types of sprinkler nozzles.
Showerhead - $30 Rebate
- Showerhead must be a WaterSense labeled product. Learn more about the WaterSense program here.
- Showerhead must be replacing an older, less efficient showerhead.
- Maximum of three rain barrel rebates allowed per service address.
Pool Cover - $50 Rebate
- Rebates are for pool covers specifically designed to prevent evaporative water loss.
- The pool cover must cover at least 75% of the pool’s water surface.
- Non-qualifying products include secondhand covers, mesh covers, chemical or liquid covers, or spa covers.